Thursday, March 13, 2008

So I've been running around, chasing people down, righting grants, etc.

Hey all...just so you know getting a real job and going to law school. Right now, I am not sure that I recommend it for everyone, heck, at this point, I am not sure that I recommend it for anyone! Really, I am kidding. I love my job so far and I think that the law school thing is generally good. I am not so into my classes right now, but possibly when I get back from my summer break I will take electives that I am genuinely interested in. There's somewhat of a barrier when you have to take the classes dontcha think?

Anyway, let's move on to something else. I have been as mentioned in my title, running around, chasing people down, and yes, I can spell and I do mean righting grants. Its sort of like I am super hero, but unfortunately I am without the special skills or extra strength or nifty non needing to sleep aspect. And let me tell you, I could use the nonsleeping thing right about now. I desperately wish for a long vacation, but it doesn't appear to be forthcoming until well after the end of this year. Boo! However, it is good to note that I will be taking the summer semester off from law school so that I can focus on planning the Latino Summit and working at my job. And, in sort of a vacation type of event, I am being sent every week in June to some great place or another. In fact completely free to me this summer, I will enjoy Houston, San Diego, Fresno, Miami (yeah baby), DC, and Portland. Woohoo!

Anyhow, I have great news on the Summit front. We have saved a date of September 26-27th. We are working on getting speakers and panelists and creating save the date cards!

More to come soon on the Summit front and I am looking for suggestions on my new superhero name. Perhaps I will be legal girl...hmm...definately not!

1 comment:

Chandle said...

You Rock. You are totally hard core. I can only think of a handful of people who could do all that you're doing and still be standing. Keep up the good work